Luv2Camp

Extreme Makeover "Camper Edition"

232 posts in this topic

Just ordered a Dirt Devil central vacuum system made for RV's... I checked and have enough storage room to mount this. I will post some pics once I install.... Hoping to have the unit tomorrow and if the weather is good on Sunday I plan on installing than... I admit this is overkill but they don't call me "Gadget Gary" for no reason!!! Some other mods I am planning this weekend are

*Removing the metal screen in the door and replacing with fiberglass privacy screening. (cuts down on the no see ums and much less rattle when the door closes)

*Adding a soap dispenser in the sink. Bought one from home depot that will mount in the sink, just have to drill the hole.

* Moving a couple of outlets (poor design by fleetwood on location!!)

Good luck!

Pictures, pictures, pictures. I have GOT to see a central vac for a popup.

Cenral vac in a popup...overkill? Doesn't everybody have one of those? This will probably be the only time that it'll be appropriate to say, "Your modification sucks."

"Gadget Gary", eh? I love nicknames. [}: )]hehehehehe[}: )] ;);)

I believe that would be an illegal mod. I know there has to be some kind of legislature against a central vacuum system in a pop-up.

I can see it now. "I was just dozing off for a nap & WHIR, SLUNK, CLANG, BANG, BANG. What the BANG, BANG, BANG [T] is stuck in this thing. From the neighbors pop-up".

Gary's post will read. "I don't know why everyone in the campground was giving me the evil eye". ;);)[}: )];)

Good luck. Can't wait to see it.

Now that I think about it, the dog is pretty small. I better be careful around her!!!!

Wonder if I will need to put a silencing muffler on as well?????

OK who is up for adding a 6 person hot tub complete with wine rack to their PU? It would remove at soreness from cranking up the PU.

Oh yes, I like that Idea. Could it be in a slide out? But perhaps a sauna would be better? After that we could use the new PU fitness center.

Well, got the central vac package today and I could not wait until Sunday to install... Take a look at my webshots. Was able to install this in the storage area, mounted high, so I did not lose any storage space!!! Dave, your right, this mod really sucks!!!

Nicely done! Can I play with it at the rally?

ok, cool, how well did it work? how much is it ?

THANKS!!!!

It works VERY well. I found it online for $268 plus shipping from RVUPGRADES. Took me about 20 min to hook up.

Originally posted by Friar Tuck

Nicely done! Can I play with it at the rally?

SURE!!! If I can get someone to try it out each day, it will be just like having a house cleaner!!!!!:D:D:D

[usa] Nice job. Can you reverse it so you can use it to blow air to start a fire or biow up an air mattress? This looks like clean up may be a lot easier :D

Originally posted by Jimmy Mack

[usa] Nice job. Can you reverse it so you can use it to blow air to start a fire or biow up an air mattress? This looks like clean up may be a lot easier :D

Jim, it cannot be reversed. Would be a good feature though....

elder Posted - 02/04/2005 : 08:53:41 AM OK who is up for adding a 6 person hot tub complete with wine rack to their PU? It would remove at soreness from cranking up the PU.

Great mod... BTW here is link to your next mod...hot tub?

PUP hot tub[cat]

I think at the web site posted above that we need that sign in the third picture for the mens outing! :D

Just added the pics of the soap dispenser installation that I did over the weekend. Works great. The soap bottle mounts under the sink. Cost was $20. Used a hole saw to cut through the sink.... Install time about 5 min....

Well, looks like the 32 gallon gray water tank would have had too much potential to damage the inside of the pop up banging around. I spoke with BArker (who makes the tote tank) and they sold me a roof mount kit. 30 rivets and a half tube of caulk later, it is installed. I added pics to my webshots under my mods album.....

Next week I am bringing the trailer to a welder who will weld a tube in between the rear frame rails along with a hitch receiver so I can tow the bikes. I will postpics of that next weekend.....

Gary, Want to send some of that excess energy over here. Also, when you run out of things to do to your trailer, how about mine. Nice job on the tote installation.

Originally posted by vlacava

Gary, Want to send some of that excess energy over here. Also, when you run out of things to do to your trailer, how about mine. Nice job on the tote installation.

Vince, ask Scarlett to make some of her cinibuns and I will gladly come over and [T]on yours!!!!

Still love the central vac mod, it is not one I will be doing but it is my favorite.

Just added the pics to my Webshots of the PVC piping I added to tie in the sink drain on the right side of the camper to the shower drain on the left side of the camper.... Works great.....

I also ordered today a DVD player that mounts like a car radio. I will be cutting out an opening under the stock radio in the pop up and adding this option. I will hard wire this with RCA connections so I simply just need to plug in the TV and put a DVD into the player. This way I have one less thing to set up!!! I will post pics when this is complete.....

So have you been to your job lately?:):D

Originally posted by marine

WELL, I did take a vacation day tomorrow to bring down to the welder:D

I have not missed a beat with work!!! My DW and kids have been complaining the last month that they do not see me anymore when I come home or on the weekends. I keep telling them that this is so I do not have to work on the pop up all year round. They are starting not to believe me anymore!!!

Originally posted by marine

Just what I was thinking....:D;)