Luv2Camp

Extreme Makeover "Camper Edition"

232 posts in this topic

I went back through this to find your information on the exhaust fan you mounted in the shower. Has it been effective in reducing moisture in there after showers? I am considering this mod for the season. (Hey there has to be at least one mod per season!).

I went back through this to find your information on the exhaust fan you mounted in the shower. Has it been effective in reducing moisture in there after showers? I am considering this mod for the season. (Hey there has to be at least one mod per season!).

Must have missed your post... SORRY! Yes, the fan works great for the moisture and ridding the air from cooking smells and other bad odors!!!

Added a fresh water tank level guage this weekend. Pics added to my webshots.. Purchsed the unit from RV Electronics in Australia... Easy install and took about 15 min. to install. Works on an energizer 12v battery and I am waiting for a resonse back from the maker to see what the working voltage range is. If the unit can handle up to 13.5 (charging voltage) I am going to hard wire it in so I do not have to replace the battery each year.

Gary

Added a fresh water tank level guage this weekend. Pics added to my webshots.. Purchsed the unit from RV Electronics in Australia... Easy install and took about 15 min. to install. Works on an energizer 12v battery and I am waiting for a resonse back from the maker to see what the working voltage range is. If the unit can handle up to 13.5 (charging voltage) I am going to hard wire it in so I do not have to replace the battery each year.

Gary

If it needs less voltage, just get a couple of dropping diodes from Radio Shack or such. A diode inline drops the voltage about 0.75 volt, so if you need to drop from a nominal 12V system down to 9V then you put two in series. Pretty common technique.

There is a device called a DC to DC Converter. It's an electronic device that will change an input range of DC voltage to a constant and filtered output voltage. They cost about $15 to $30 and are available through electronics mail order catalogs such as Newark Electronics, or Digikey.

DC-DC Convertor Example from Digi-Key

Just my :rolleyes:

Added a flat screen TV to the outside of the camper today. Mounted the TV to the exterior with a quick release mount and added a duplex outlet that has cable and electric outlet combo. Added pics to my webshots.....

Gary

Added a flat screen TV to the outside of the camper today. Mounted the TV to the exterior with a quick release mount and added a duplex outlet that has cable and electric outlet combo. Added pics to my webshots.....

Gary

B):rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Well I don't even have a flat screen TV in my house. Does the three flat Screen monitors count?

At Shawnee State Park, the camper I was in this weekend has a flat screen TV. Oh wait, that was the lodge ;)

Sara

:rotfl:;):rotfl: :rotfl: Well I don't even have a flat screen TV in my house. Does the three flat Screen monitors count?

At Shawnee State Park, the camper I was in this weekend has a flat screen TV. Oh wait, that was the lodge ;)

Sara

B):rotfl::rotfl:

Gary

That looks good Gary. I have been thinking about buying either a 19 or 22 inch lcd for at home in the bed room. I figured I could just bring one that size camping. but a question I have for you or any one else that takes there LCD with them on the road. Where do you put it while in tranport mode? I was thinking of doing a bracket in the camper but affraid of the bouncing around.

That looks good Gary. I have been thinking about buying either a 19 or 22 inch lcd for at home in the bed room. I figured I could just bring one that size camping. but a question I have for you or any one else that takes there LCD with them on the road. Where do you put it while in tranport mode? I was thinking of doing a bracket in the camper but affraid of the bouncing around.

We kept our box so we were able to keep it protected, then I put it between the wall and the cushion of the back bunk end. It rests on the top of the folded part of the matress. It is a tight fit, so no movement of the box in travel.

We kept our box so we were able to keep it protected, then I put it between the wall and the cushion of the back bunk end. It rests on the top of the folded part of the matress. It is a tight fit, so no movement of the box in travel.

Exactly what we do. Keep it in the box and stays inside of the bathroom area. I am sure it bounces a bit but not had any troubles in storing a TV this way for over 8 years...

Edited by Luv2Camp

Well I decided to buy a 26 inch lcd that way it can go from the bedroom to the camper. I know there are a few out there that bring there TV's so do you mount or stand them. I was thinking about buying two of the same mounts that way I could go from bedroom to camper without changing everythin or I might just use the stand at all times any thoughts??????????

Well I decided to buy a 26 inch lcd that way it can go from the bedroom to the camper. I know there are a few out there that bring there TV's so do you mount or stand them. I was thinking about buying two of the same mounts that way I could go from bedroom to camper without changing everythin or I might just use the stand at all times any thoughts??????????

I would look for a way to mount but need to be carful that it eill not pull from the wall and do some seriousw damage!

With the winter camping we do, one of the things I have wanted was an exhaust fan over the stove. This way we could easily remove steam from boiling water and cooking odors without having to open the windows.. Added a Vainair powered exhaust fan over the stove yesterday (same brand I added in the bathroom ceiling)

Pics added to my webshots. I also started to wire the exterior and interior TV to the radio head unit so I can have the TV play through the inside or outside speakers (no pics of this mod)

Just curious what your current tally on costs for your PUP is with all these mods? Have you doubled the orginally price you paid for it yet? ;)

I wish I had the time, money, and engery you have to do some modding on my PUP!

I have to say u have out done ur self I was looking at the pic and it is just amazing what u have done. It just looks great. I would love to see it some time. Good work and Good job. ;)

Just curious what your current tally on costs for your PUP is with all these mods? Have you doubled the orginally price you paid for it yet? :snowman_hot:

I wish I had the time, money, and engery you have to do some modding on my PUP!

I have not kept track but looking over them, I am guessing around $3500....

I have to say u have out done ur self I was looking at the pic and it is just amazing what u have done. It just looks great. I would love to see it some time. Good work and Good job. :snowman_hot:

Thank you! we will be camping with the group this year for the meet and greet and the rally so stop on by if you go to either of these outings and would be happy to give you a tour!

Thanks to the wind at Salt Fork, my Fleetwood awning was bent like a pretzel! Just installed a 12 foot Carefree of Colorado Campout awning. Looks like a great awning. Have some concern over the rivets that hold some of the brackets that swivel on to the rafter but time will tell!

The things I like about this awning

1.) The support arms lock in and mount to the side of the camper

2.) Easier to set up/tear down than the factory awning

3.) The underside is color coded like the top side so will see much less dirt/grime like the white underside of the Fleetwood brand

4.) Can also stale the support legs to the ground and use like my old Fleetwood model if needed.

The only thing I do not like is that my box is a 14 foot box. My Fleetwood awning was almost 13.5 feet of actual awning. Did not measure this one but appears I lost over a foot of awning width. 12 foot is the longest awning for a pop up Carefree makes.

Pics added to my webshots....

http://community.webshots.com/user/luv2camp1

We also gave up a foot of length, but were fortunate enough to pick up a well cared for roll up awning for pop ups. Love not having poles on the campsite in front of the camper.

We also gave up a foot of length, but were fortunate enough to pick up a well cared for roll up awning for pop ups. Love not having poles on the campsite in front of the camper.

Luv it! I've been wanting one of those since I bought my camper!

Been a while since my last mod... Had a headrest DVD player and decided to take it out of the headrest and mount it into the exterior bathroom wall. Made a DVD with pics and will use it as a flush mount picture frame.... Pics added to my webshots album "New Camper Mods"

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/266585793LQNemx

Good to see you back. This topic has been the role model for most of my mods.

Good to be back! And thanks for the compliment!

Replaced our canvas via Popup Parts and very pleased with the ease and improved fit and function. Working very well. Also had to replace the gas valve on the water heater. The new valve was Robert Shaw and was larger than the previous White Rodgers unit. But installation was not a problem and now the pilot stays lit the whole trip. Our old unit got to where it put out the pilot whenever the tank got hot. It was not a thermocouple issue so the valve needed replacement. A few mods to the exhaust shield and it fit just fine. Way better than replacing the tank. The valve cost about $75.