Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cndlzrus

For those with Pop Ups not Pop Outs ?s

19 posts in this topic

How long do you stay out to camp? I hear October anyone go longer than that in a PUP?

Hubby is already talking winterizing![xx(][duh] I have not camped enough this season!

Last weekend being cold and wet, he says he is done. Not my fault he forgot his coat![dunno] This is one of the reason we are looking to trade up, because he is not having as much fun as me and the kids are!:)

I look at it, no matter what the weather is, I am camping, so I don't care what its doing outside....

The boo bash is our last campout. Past that my DH has had enough of camping. Plus with the kids having homework, scouts, family obligations we would not get out past that. We don't do much fall camping I would like to do more!

Lynn

End of October now and when we had the pup [:}]

The Indiana group has an event planned for the first weekend in Nov, you are sure welcome to join us.

I have tent camped into December as far north as Straits SP in MI. DW won't go if there's frost or snow on the ground, but as long as I can go somewhere where I don't have to think about work, I'll go anytime. Heck, so long as the camper's got heat, I'll go.

MY wife and kids stop going at the end of October me, I go all year!

The only problem we had with cold (but still above freezing) weather camping was learning that a furnace warms things up quickly, but uses a lot of propane to do it. We added the heat strip to our A/C and it handles the task a little slower, but works fine. As Garrett said, we are planning an early November outing.

Add two ceramic heaters and you can camp as long as you can get the PU to the site! Ceramic heaters heat up the PU quickly and it stays very warm all night long!

Oh, hope the weekend isn't windy!

November is doable, as is December depending on the weather. Just go ahead and winterize and carry portable water when camping past October. I understand some folks do it with snow, but I would not as drying out the canvas would be a PITA in the winter.

I'm sure Gary will chime in soon (Luv2Camp), they have camped throughout the winter...

We usually call it quits after hunting season in mid-November; however, if at all possible.....

We going to try to go through November weather permitting.

Our last one this year will be the weekend before thanksgiving. i used to camp in a tent all year long but that was mmany moons ago,LOL.

Boo Bash is our last campout. Even that is pretty cold! Brrrrr!!! At least the last 2 years. After that we go home and winterize!

Most of the time I can't get my DW out after the end of October. This year, Walt decided to have a Men's Outing the second weekend of November. Thank You Walt.

Boo Bash is our last....and I agree Burrrr.....as I remember it was pretty brisk last year....great weather...but cold. I saw on a local detroit news that there is a possiblity of a flurry or two by this weekend...so does that mean Snow for the boo bash?

Well we do now have a htt but when we had the pu we still camped in Nov. prior to Thanksgiving. That was when we had our old pu and never hooked up the water so never worried about winterizing. I call them the 'good ol days'. LOL

We're going to try november, Thanksgiving weekend (I've got a long one).. figure not too many people will be out then ;-)